Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Draper temple

I like to think it was our great work in preparing the girls for our trip to the Draper Temple Open House that made them this excited, but I think it may have mostly been the bus ride that elicited most of the excitement. And the cookies at the end. And please don't comment on their hair, because we went really early. But it was totally worth it. The temple was beautiful and peaceful (until two someones had meltdowns, which were pacified by the cookie table in the stake center after the tour.) I think it's a good thing mom didn't see the reception in the stake center next to the temple, because she would have definitely been drawing pictures and taking notes for table decorations for the next family wedding reception in the Edgewood chapel. It was really beautifully done.

I hope everyone can get to the Draper temple during the open house, or even better, after its dedication.

And, Dad, the lot across the street from the temple is for sale, in case you're interested. 0.37 acres for a special price of $395,000.

7 comments:

Linda said...

I wish we were there to join you. Thanks for the write-up. --Mom

Suzy said...

man! wish I could be there. oh well I'll just have to babysit your kids when I get back so you can go :) done? done.

ps you saved me a cookie right?

Danielle said...

How cute how excited the girls look! I can't wait to see it.

hosander said...

the houses up there are REE-diculous.
I think the Temple looks great though

krista said...

$395,000--that's nothing for Dad's income. I think you should sign him up.

Kimberly said...

I think you should convince Danielle to move to Draper. After all, now that Adam has a job, they're rich, right?

Hez said...

Dang. I've been to enough wacko temples here, but I've definitely missed going to beautiful LDS ones. :)