Monday, December 3, 2012

Three Mad Scientists

Becca and Mom were CHAMPS to help me carry out my optimistic "Fun Day Friday" at Sage's class where we did Halloween science projects.

We started out by teaching the class about dry ice--and showed them how it made bubbling witch's brew, and you can make quarters "scream" by holding it down on a block of dry ice.  (It would have been super cool if I had remembered that all the quarters I brought were in my pocket.)  Luckily one of the teachers had some in her desk.  And bringing gloves would have been a nice measure as well.  What can I say--we were MAD scientists.  Gloves are a luxury item to them.  As are conditioner and detangler spray.


Mom taught about fingerprints, and helped the kids identify their own fingerprint patterns, and make Halloween fingerprint cards.  (Also she had the best hair of the three of us.)

Becca redefined multi-tasking at her station.  With Brooke and Micah as her "helpers," she taught 60 third graders about static electricity, and then they helped her make Halloween tissue figures "dance" using a balloon.  Then she made slime with them and let them all feel it.  Then she wrote and illustrated a children's book, and invented a cure for cancer in the few minutes left over before we switched groups.  (And she really did change a blowout diaper in the middle of this all.)  

Meanwhile I sat back and clipped my fingernails while Mom and Becca rocked the house. : )
My station was the lamest--we made invisible ink that sort of worked.  And we drank witches brew (dry ice).  

So now that it's almost Christmas, I figured it would be a good time to post about our Halloween adventures.  Punctuality is a luxury item to MAD scientists.
 And thanks to Mark for outfitting the scientists with their white "coats." 

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I should have been invited to this event. Remember who made witch's brew for the kindergarten science project??

krista said...

Sounds like you three are ready for CDC approval. I'm sure Sage's class had never seen such hair--or such knowledge! You guys are hilarious.