Sunday, June 26, 2011

Eliza's birthday party

Yesterday we had a "Tangled" birthday party for Eliza.  What that means is, we did all the same games as last year (Cut the Flour, Don't Eat Pete, Pinata, Decorate Cupcakes, Pin the Tail on the Donkey) with the tiniest "Tangled" variations (i.e. Pin the Nose on Flynn), so Eliza thought she got a whole new party!

Pinata time
Eliza's one request for her party was to "whack Flynn in the face" so we put Flynn on a pinata and let them go at it.  Suzy managed to capture Sage breaking the pinata open!

The head pinata engineer

In the middle of the pinata time, Lily appeared sporting half of her birthday suit.  I just told her to sit down, so Grandma wouldn't notice.  Grandma did notice, and was the one who took her back inside for some coverage....but not before Suzy got some digital coverage of the moment.

Becca and Brooke, just a few days old, came to support Eliza.  Becca used her Cricut skils to rig an awesome face painting stencil of the Tangled sun, which the guests loved.  Next time I'll just have to make sure, in advance, that the bottle of paint I bought is really gold, and not white with three gold flecks.
Mark made Eliza this darling Tangled cake
(PS--Makeup is residual from the dance performance in the morning)
Eliza wearing her Rapunzel braid (the take home gift for all the girls), and enjoying some previously unnoticed frosting from her cupcake.  (Not pictured: Mom making 8 braids of 40 strands of yarn each.  The girls LOVED them!)
Lily enjoying some frosting.  Or rather, having enjoyed some frosting.

Suzy worked tirelessly to make the party run smoothly.  In addition to getting some great shots, she had a hand in running all the games, and getting these annoying streamers out of our faces. Note to self: never host a party without inviting Suzy to run all the details.

Lily put on a witch hat and went to hold kitty.  We couldn't resist a picture of the witch and her cat.

This one's for Corey--Eliza loving the kitty

Thanks so much to Mom, Suzy and Becca for making this party so awesome.  
Here are a few other pictures Mom downloaded onto our computer that I had to post.

Three generations

Micah's rocking new playset, made entirely by Jordan

Brooke

6 comments:

Linda said...

You're quite the mastermind of fun!

Kimberly said...

I love that you hit the pinata with a frying pan! Such a good idea!

krista said...

I want JJ to plan me a birthday party. Also, what an awesome swing set!!! That's amazing Jordie. Thirdly, Becca looks like she had the baby months ago and already has a flat tummy. Fourthly, what is your cat's name? And please can we come to the next party? I want Mark to make me a cake too--especially with that much frosting. Seriously though, Liza looks like she is in 7th heaven. Good job.

Danielle said...

That party looks amazing. How do you think of these things!? Hitting it with a frying pan, and making yarn braids!! Super cute. I love the look on their faces while whacking the pinata! And how funny that Eliza's one request involved whacking Flynn in the face! And the stencil and everything... wowie. Are you still wishing you did the parties on the same day? :)

Becca said...

Not pictured: near-death experiences for all the kids once the candy came out of the pinata--mad dash for the sweets, while sage was still brandishing the frying pan--yikesies!!! :) that was a bomb.com party, jj, what a mom!!!

Kelly said...

Love the frying pan! How fun would that be to smack someone in the face with it (and not hurt them of course)? I may have to make a pinata just so I can try it. I only have two months until my birthday.

Happy Birthday, Eliza!