composed and recited by Danielle, age 10
Father's Day Sacrament Meeting Program, 1992
My Dad is surely number one,
For he is really full of fun.
He's always bursting with lots of action,
And sledding with him gives satisfaction.
When my dad is serving treats,
The servings he gives can't be beat.
He says, "There's always room for more!"
While dishing serving number four.
One bad thing about my dad,
is that when I have been real bad,
he lifts his hand into the air
And brings it down on my you-know-where.
And even though I don't agree,
I know he's doing it for me.
When I'm riding in the back of the truck,
Mom hides her eyes, thinking we'll be struck.
But Dad says, "I won't go so fast.
Come on, kids, this'll be a blast!"
When Dad says the prayer, he's so sincere,
I can always feel the Spirit near.
Of all the fathers there could be,
Heavenly Father saved the best for me.
Happy Father's Day, Dad.
5 comments:
So glad you found that little gem almost in time for father's day. There's a reason why I'm not the family's resident member of the Curiously Poetic Altoids.
Can you believe you wrote that, Danielle, when you were only 9! Amazing! I still remember how it brought down the house (even in Sacrament Meeting) the line, "and brings it down on my you know where." --Mom
wow! maybe you can publish it or something.
Come on! How could I possibly come up with something better than "his hand comes down on my you-know-where"? Priceless gem, right there!
Post a Comment