Becca and Mom have bailed me out so many times in the last few weeks. I got in over my head with PTA/Dual-immersion/Extracurricular projects that all took place this month. Should you ever find yourself severely overbooked, who you gonna call? Mom and Becca.
Exhibit #1: GIRLS ON THE RUN
Sage joined a program called Girls on the Run. Here's their website description: "We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running."
The program culminates in a 5K run! Becca agreed to be Sage's Running Buddy. She came up to run the practice 5K this week. The real deal is this Saturday!
Becca left Sage a note on her whiteboard that says "Superstar Runner! Watch out, Olympians, here comes....SAGE!" Sage added her note next to it: "Please don't erase this."
Always a party with the Tittelfitzes.
Including trampoline time later (with water balloons).
Becca holding cute Brookie after the practice 5K.
Exhibit #2: ESPANA-LANDIA
I was in charge of a massive activity for Sage's dual-immersion classes called "Espana-landia." The teacher wanted the kids to do job trainings, get paid, and spend their money in fun activities in Spain. It fell to me to make 3 vehicles. Kim and Spencer were AWESOME to provide 3 huge boxes (formerly filled with Helaman Halls pillows) that were perfect for the job, and they even housed them for over a month before I picked them up!
Becca came up for the second day in a row, and we got to work on them. My contribution was basically pushing Brooke on the swing while Martha Stewart's apprentice (Becca) whipped out these puppies. Fire truck, school bus, and UPS truck.
You don't even know how many kids begged me to be able to take one home after the event! The teacher decided to have each kid make a car next week. Thanks to Becca. : )
Although not pictured, Mom came for Espana-landia as well. She came to help me with the teacher-training station. Dad was an added, unexpected bonus. Both Eliza and Sage were surprised and excited when he peeked in on their activities.
And Becca babysat my kids for 4 hours while this was all going on.
EXHIBIT #3: TEACHER APPRECIATION LUNCH
Mom helped me plan and put on a Cafe Rio-copycat lunch for 45 teachers, with chocolate-dipped sstrawberries and lemon bars for dessert. The teachers got to choose 2 books (that I picked out) for their classroom after they ate.
It was a totally stressful, but totally successful event thanks to Mom's efficiency and expert event planning skills (like estimating how much beans/pork/rice/tomatoes/lettuce/cheese/dressing/tortilla strips/tortillas/guacamole will be needed for 45 teachers).
I am so grateful for her help. (Even though it was too crazy to even stop and think of taking pictures to document our awesomeness!)
EXHIBIT #4: VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION LUNCH
I was asked to buy cookies and water for a volunteer appreciation lunch. Fresh off my high from the success of Teacher Appreciation Lunch, I proposed a chocolate fondue fountain instead. (Mom and Dad's, of course). Becca helped me get all the dipping food, chocolate, utensils, and even flower arrangements ready for the event, and then she watched the kids while I ran it.
In summary, how could I ask for a more supportive family?
Thanks, Mom, Becca, Dad and Kim/Spencer!!! We are so glad to live close to you.
P.S. Suzy I'm glad to live close to you, too. But somehow it's not as exciting to blog about cleaning checks as fondue fountains! : ) Even though your running the show at the apartments was no less appreciated (with Kim winning awesomest babysitter award).



6 comments:
Lucky us to live close and see you in action! Wow! Now just lie down. I feel tired just watching you!
If I ever try to accomplish as much as JJ, then I will need a whole lot more help than that. Just so everyone knows...supermom Williams!!!
Sheesh. (to take a word from Jacob) WOW on all the accomplishments! I'm not sure if I have gotten that much done in my whole lifetime!
Can I please come to your school? You're like a PTA president without the title. Um, I didn't appreciate the lack of gratitude for my estimations on the Café Rio food. (handful of cheese, spoonful of rice, spoonful of beans, spoonful of meat, handful of lettuce, 1 tortilla, handful of chips, small scoop guacamole, small scoop tomato salsa, etc.
ps where does strep throat come in to the accomplishment list?
Oh, and Becca/Martha--why are you so craftsy? I need you to help me with all my projects and stuff that never gets done!
Post a Comment