Thursday, August 30, 2012

Eliza's Super Mario Party

I started going through my pictures, with the intention of posting about the reunion, per Heather's request, but I got majorly sidetracked on Eliza's birthday.  I'm still so grateful for Becca, Suzy, Krista, and Mom who helped Mark and I enact our extremely ambitious Super Mario Brothers Birthday Party plans.  Behold the awesomeness.

Bingo.  I refereed the first round, and awarded one pack of fruit snacks for each person's first Bingo.  Krista ran the second round and gave each Bingo winner one fruit snack.  Moral of this story: I'll let you decide.

The biggest hit of the whole party: each kid getting to bonk out gold treasure from the question box.

Amy rejoicing in her spoils



Mark monitoring the Wii station

The obstacle course.  The entry into Water World.

Throwing fireballs at (into) the Koopa.

 Riding "Yoshi"
 
Throwing water balls at the Squids

 The grand finale to our obstacle course: Getting a prize from Princess Peach in the shed.  Danielle VERY GRACIOUSLY donned Eliza's princess tutu and crown and became the (Pregnant) Princess Peach who deserves a prize herself for her niceness.  I hate that we didn't get a picture.

The prize: Mario mushroom shirts

Kevin enjoying the scenery

Apparently the sandbox was more fun than the obstacle course.  I'm trying not to feel offended. : )  Will someone please remind me, next year, that obstacle courses take approximately 3000 times longer to set up than they do to actually complete?

Krista helping with the cake and being mobbed by children

The cake and accompanying mushroom cupcakes


 Danielle holding Christian pretty much the entire party

This picture basically sums up Eliza's party.  See Mom and Becca slaving away in the background while the kids blissfully enjoy themselves?  So, thanks, Mom, for all those parties back in the day.

The side show

Side show part 2

Yey for party helpers.  Come back next year.  Same time.  Without the obstacle course, though.  And with Heather.  Since this is a "Hey Heather!" post.

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Ha ha ha about the fruit snack rewarding!!! That was a serious party. I don't know if my kids can ever be happy with the parties I give them again. Also love the side show, a la a few years ago and Three Cheers for the Red White and Blue! Also, I am grateful no pics survive of Princess Peach because she looked ridiculous.

Kimberly said...

That sounds like one awesome party! I for one would have liked to see a picture of Princess (Danielle) Peach!

krista said...

I'd like to say, that as a mother, wouldn't you rather have me rewarding only one fruit snack so there will be more left for the other moms to eat??? p.s. Janel, you are so ambitious. My idea of a party is duck duck goose and treats. Love the pics. Especially the side show and naked kids on the swing.

Suzy said...

Jage I'm glad your memory tells you I was there to help enact the ambitious Mario party, but I sure wasn't, sadly. (I think I would have needed 4 recovery days after hosting an awesome party like that!)

Becca said...

More like "super Mom party." You are more ambitious with your parties than I could ever be! Wowie wowie, is what I always think when I hear about your party plans (then see them actually happen)

Heather said...

Aw, I'm honored. Next year, I shan't miss it :)

Linda said...

These are the parties that are a blast to go to, and the kind I'm glad someone else masterminded! It was definitely a ball. :)

Heather said...

ps I, too, am rather curious about this whole Princess Peach part... :)