Now's your chance. Well, kind of. Mark your calendars for June 9th and 11th, when BYU puts on Berlioz's comic opera Béatrice et Bénédict. This is the opera version of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing. Corey, er Claudio, stars in 1 song, some dialogue (in English), and a significant amount of stage time. The stage time is so everyone can have adequate time to admire his striking similarity to the Founding Fathers ... plus green knee-highs and a Wesley ponytail.

Béatrice et Bénédict will be playing in the de Jong concert hall June 8-11 (but come on the 9th or the 11th cause that's the Claudio you want to see and hear and admire). Tickets are on sale now, but unfortunately we don't get more than 2 comp tickets otherwise we'd get you all in for free in a New York second. :)
5 comments:
Cool, Corey! I will have to see if there's some way I can see the sight of Corey as a founding father. Nice job!
I want to see the pony tail and tights and of course, the founding father Boodrow! Free airfare anyone?
I didn't realize there were tights and ponytails involved. Nice! Count us in
Good thing Suzy gave Corey a trim or he might have had ear locks to accompany his pony tail. We can't wait to see/here you!
From an 8 foot tall giant to Wesley in tights? What awesomeness can we expect in next year's opera? And what a great track record so far of making that competitive cut! Way to go, amigo de Benedicto. (Obviously I don't know how to speak French.)
Post a Comment