Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hogle Zoo Here We Come




We had a fun day at the Hogle Zoo today.












Eliza started out the day with a lion-sized drink!













"Did somebody say a big drink?" (Lily)













Becca and Micah can't get to everything fast enough.












Micah (and Lily) let Grandma know that snakes are something to get all excited about!


















Eliza's "on top" of the world . . . or at least a statue. Meanwhile Micah is in the background, planning strategies on an unsuspecting pacifier owner.










Janel with a tired-of-walking crew. She revived all our spirits with her famous chicken salad sandwiches later. :)












Eliza checking her arm span with these hairy mammals.












Jacob spreads out to see if he measures up . . . to an infant gorilla, that is.


















Eliza has an up-close-and personal look at a real live gorilla . . . from one inch away!












Grandma & Micah and Lily and Janel aren't phased by this stern looking gorilla. Bring him on!











The giraffes were so captivating, Eliza and Lily couldn't be persuaded to look...even for a very brief photo moment.












It didn't take any "egging on" to get Lily in this big shell.












Micah considering a future in canine dentistry.













Lily emerging from the snake slide.













Lily led out and showed the others how to stay cool.

















Micah took this instruction seriously.


















When we looked like this . . . we knew it was time to head for home.

6 comments:

Suzy said...

AWESOME pictures!! The 3rd, 4th, and 5th photos are my favs - Lily the Ham at the lion water fountain, Becca the Hottie and Sidekick, and Micah's screaming face at the snake. HA! Great photography Mom, Janel, and/or Bec.

janel said...

Mom, you are amazing. I never would have made it through the zoo without your help [and Becca's], but you also kept up a steady stream of great picture taking all along. Wow. I'm only the teeniest bit sad that my bum is featured in that one with Lily in the green slide. Ha!

Kimberly said...

How come I wasn't invited? It sounds like you had a blast!
Also, I think Micah was actually looking into Feline dentistry.
Take me with you all next time!

Becca said...

Great pics Mamamia! What a photographer! So much fun. But where's the picture of Micah doing you know what to the gorilla statue?

krista said...

I must admit that at one point you called Micah "Jacob" but we'll forgive you! Amy would have had a blast with you all. My favorite pic is Lily with the big mouth. I hope she didn't hurt herself... So cutie!
p.s. Nice haircut Becca!

Danielle said...

Wow Becca, big haircut! I LOVE all these cute photos. That picture of Micah with the snakes is hilarious. Now I believe Becca that Mom calls Micah Jacob all the time. I love that Liza and Lily couldn't look away from the giraffes for even one tiny second! What a fun trip.