Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Woodburical Nomenclature

Based on recent posts, a certain family member will soon be in need of good baby names.

Today is your lucky day. Since I had 6 1/2 hours to scroll through lists of soldiers, anyway, I decided to use my archival research to bless you too.

The result? A whole list of authentic British names just for you (and Woodbury #3).
Take your pick!

Dalrymple
Ternon
Warham
Hugh
Job
Valentine
Terrance
Francis
Hercules
Noah
Archibald
Fredrick
Lauchlan
Hurd
Bernard
Aliden
Bogher
Cornelius
Edmund
Hamlet
Bartholomy
Barnaby

8 comments:

janel said...

Holy smokes. What a list! Dalrymple and Warham...yikes. That's almost as bad as "Butler Butler" (Mexico baptism for the dead)--ask Becca.

janel said...

Also, I'm not sure 8 months from now counts as "soon." : )

Suzy said...

how about Yukon, as in Yukon Cornelius?

Beetle said...

Lauchlan Boger Woodbury. That's a winner! He'll be tough, anyway, after a few days at recess. . .

Danielle said...

You seem so sure it's a boy! Is that from your inside sources?

Linda said...

I think I prefer Bogher. Kim, leave it to you to make even military records interesting! --Mom

Kimberly said...

Just for the record, my personal favorite is Dalrymple (the full name on the roll was Dalrymple Dickinson-- what a nice ring to it!)
As far as my intuition that it will be a boy . . . well, muster rolls don't usually have a lot of female names on them. Unless you want to name your daughter Cornelius, but she might get some weird looks. :)

Becca said...

yikes! don't you and hez get together, you could come up with some weeeird jewish/arab/english names