Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Texas, here she comes

Someone's going to Texas tomorrow to represent BYU's instrumentalists (woodwinds, brass and strings) with one other vocalist and one pianist in a musical concert for big time donors to BYU's School of Music. Go, Becca! I hope you've worked up a good arrangement of the state song, "Texas, Oh Texas." Enjoy that king-size bed, and don't forget to put your reed in your oboe when you're playing.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Nice! How lonely, a king size bed to yourself. If you want, I'll send Jacob along to help fill it up. Good luck!!!

Kimberly said...

Good luck, Becca! Maybe you can learn "The Yellow Rose of Texas" too. (I'm sure they'd be especially impressed if you played it sans reed).

Suzy said...

that Texas Oh Texas song needs more than a little help from bec with a nice arrangement--it needs to be rewritten! lame lame lame state song...
Good luck tomorree bec!!!

Becca said...

thanks everybody, good thing I had that king size bed, so when i wet one side, i just rolled over to the other! no problem. :)

Linda said...

Those lucky Texans! :) (and poor, lonely Jordan). :( --Mom